As I/ We receive ______________________________ (name & breed of dog) from the Brigadoon Kennels Rescue Program, for the sum of $_____________ I/We agree willingly to the following terms of adoption:
1. Neutering: Dogs must be spayed/neutered within the first month of arrival in their new home and must not be used for breeding prior to that time. Adopter(s) must send a copy of the spay/neuter certificate, signed by the veterinarian who performed the surgery. If this is not received within the first 60 days after the adoption date listed below, Brigadoon Kennels rescue reserves the right to terminate the adoption and the adopter(s) must return the dog to the rescue program.
2. Returns: If, for any reason, this adoption is not satisfactory to the adopting party, or if the adopters fail to comply with the terms of adoption at any time during the life of the dog, the dog must be returned to Brigadoon Kennels Rescue. It may not be given away or sold to anyone else without the permission of the rescue agent(s) involved, nor can it be released to a shelter or pound.
3. Refunds: If the dog is returned within thirty days of adoption and is in good or better mental and physical condition as it was on the date of adoption, there will be a prorated refund of the adoption donation at the discretion of the rescue agent. There can be no refund after thirty days. The adopter is welcome to leave the donation with rescue to assist with future dog care & expenses.
4. Training: The dog may not be protection or attack trained or agitated in any manner or used as a guard dog for any agency, firm, corporation or organization. The only function for a rescue dog is as an in-home companion animal.
5. Health and Welfare: This dog's optimum health must be maintained through the feeding of quality dog food, adequate shelter, an annual physical and vaccinations with the adopter's veterinarian program, heartworm testing and prevention.
6. Identification: This dog must wear identification at all times. It must be licensed and have personal ID. We recommend microchipping and will arrange this for you if you wish.
7. Loss: If the dog is lost or stolen, Brigadoon Kennels Rescue must be notified immediately.
8. Reservation of Rights: Brigadoon Kennels Rescue reserves the right to arrange a follow up visit and to ascertain if all conditions of this adoption are being upheld. Should any term or condition of this agreement not be upheld, Brigadoon Kennels Rescue reserves the right to terminate this agreement and the dog must be returned to the program.
9. Attorney Fees and Costs: Should it be necessary for Briagdoon Kennels to take legal action to recover this adopted dog or otherwise enforce provisions in this agreement, the under-signed adopter(s) agree (s) to pay all court costs and legal fees.
The undersigned agrees to release Brigadoon Kennels, its rescue and its agents and volunteers and their /family members/heirs/assignees of any and all responsibility for actions caused by this dog with the understanding of the risks involved in the adoption of this dog. The undersigned has read and understands all the terms of this adoption and agrees to abide by all the terms and conditions stated above.
Printed Name of Adopter(s)_______________________________________________
Signed Name of Adopter(s)________________________________________________
Phone Number(s): _______________________________________________________
Printed Name of Rescue Volunteer/Agent:______________________________________
Signature of Rescue Volunteer/Agent:_________________________________________
Brigadoon Kennels & Rescue ~